IT Hit AJAX File Browser Release History
v220.127.116.1132November 16, 2020
- The protocol application download dialog is displayed in Google Chrome 86 if the Web browser protocol warning is enabled, in case of Microsoft Office file being opened and the protocol application is not installed, regardless of the file being opened successfully or open failure. This bug is now fixed.
v18.104.22.16801November 3, 2020
- Upload in Google Chrome of the folder containing more than 100 files/folders does not work results in the first 100 files download. This bug is now fixed.
- Web browser extensions appeared as disabled if protocol application was installed before web browser extensions via GPO. Protocol application can now be installed without installing web browser extensions. The INSTALLWEBBROWSEREXTENSIONS parameter is provided.
- On some Windows 10 machined protocol application did not open documents because Web Client Windows service was stopped. Web Client Windows service status is now always verified when installing the protocol application on Windows 10 as well as when opening documents.
v22.214.171.12442October 13, 2020
- Protocol application and web browser extensions are updated to support the latest web browsers requirements for extensions that work with cookies. The EditDocAuth.CookieNames configuration parameter now require a specific name(s) of the cookie(s). The null value (copy all cookies) is not supported any more in CookieNames.
v126.96.36.19919August 17, 2020
- Documents opening in Microsoft Edge on Mac OS is now supported.
- Firefox Web browser extension does not work on Ubuntu. Now, this bug is fixed.
- Firefox Web browser extension does not work on openSUSE 64bit. Now, this bug is fixed.
v188.8.131.5254May 12, 2020
- Protocol application on Mac OS fails to open files with non-English characters. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application .deb package did not install on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. "Could not import setuptools which is required to install from a source distribution. Please install setuptools." error is displayed. The incorrect version of pip was used in the installer. Now pip is upgraded to 20.1.
- An informational message is now displayed if the web browser extension is installed but the protocol application is not installed on the client machine.
- Classic Edge Web browser extension is now installed only in case Microsoft Edge Chromium is not found on the client machine. If Microsoft Edge Chromium is detected, only the Microsoft Edge Chromium web browser extension is installed.
- In case Microsoft Edge Chromium is detected on the client machine no administrative privileges are requested any more to install the protocol application in the 'Only for me' mode.
- Protocol application uninstallation does not remove the web browser extensions by default anymore. A dialog requesting web browser extensions uninstallation is displayed now during uninstallation via the user interface. The REMOVEWEBBROWSEREXTENSIONS parameter is provided for unattended uninstallations.
- Protocol application fails to open documents on macOS 10.15 Catalina. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application fails in Internet Explorer if cookies authentication is used, with the following message: "Failed to load cookies. Authentication cookie(s): Cookie1, Cookie2 was not found.". Now, this bug is fixed.
- Protocol application is not detected in Chrome and Edge Chromium after upgrading from the previous version. Now, this bug is fixed.
v184.108.40.20616March 20, 2020
- The protocol application now supports Microsoft Edge Chromium. Microsoft Edge Chromium web browser extension is provided and automatically installed during the protocol application installation.
- If protocol application total parameters length (document URL, cookies length, login URL, etc) exceeded 8192 characters in Chrome and Microsoft Edge Chromium the protocol application did not execute and log file din not create. Now, this bug is fixed.
- Protocol application did not pass cookies for NetBIOS names. This bug is now fixed.
- If the cookie list is empty the "Failed to get cookies" message was displayed. Now if the list is empty or any cookie is missing the message listing missing cookies is displayed.
- If the protocol application failed to open a document and non-SSL connection is used, the message with recommendations is displayed.
v220.127.116.1103February 25, 2020
- Upload of a folder into a folder containing special characters (such as space), failed in Google Chrome. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application fails to open a file if a file name contained '#' or ';' character. This bug is now fixed.
v18.104.22.16870December 24, 2019
- "undefined" is displayed in Version Name and Saved By columns in versions list. This bug is now fixed.
- If a user cancels login when opening a document via the protocol application in case of challenge-response authentication (Basic, Digest, NTLM, Kerberos), the error message is displayed. Now error dialog is not shown if a user cancels login.
- Protocol application UI graphics updated.
v22.214.171.12490November 4, 2019
- The protocol installer for Max OS is now notarized. MaxOS 10.15 Catalina is supported now.
- If protocol application Edge extension is failed to install now error description is shown during installation.
- URL decoding in protocol application failed for long URLs in Chrome and Safari if cookies authentication is used. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application on Windows failed to open documents if URL contained following characters: < > : " / \ | ? *. Now URL is validated and an error message listing not allowed characters is displayed.
v126.96.36.19926June 25, 2019
- Protocol application on Mac OS failed with "ItemURL must be located under the MountURL" error if domain did not contain dots. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application on Mac OS failed with ValueError: Expecting byte string of length 1, got a 'unicode' with Microsoft Office documents when cookies authentication is used.
- Protocol application on Windows failed if URL contained following characters: < > : " / \ | ? *. Now URL is validated and an error message listing not allowed characters is displayed.
v188.8.131.5214May 23, 2019
- Protocol application installer and its components are signed with a new certificate.
v184.108.40.20642May 15, 2019
- Protocol application on Linux did not decode URLs. Now URLs are properly decoded on Linux.
- Documents did not open for editing if mobile version is loaded in a desktop environment. This bug is now fixed.
- FireFox extension icon did not show. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application installation on on Ubuntu 14 failed. Latest version of dbus package was attempted to install, which is not supported by Ubuntu 14. This bug is fixed now.
- All protocol application components and web browser extension components are now signed.
v220.127.116.1121April 25, 2019
- Chrome extension context processing fixed. Chrome extension error occurred "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received." and "Uncaught Error: Extension context invalidated." that could be found in Chrome web browser log. Now these errors is fixed.
- Some non-English dates were displaying "??". symbols. Now all languages display correct date.
v18.104.22.16803April 5, 2019
- Non-English date, typically in 12 hour format, did not display properly. The "??" symbols were displayed instead. Now this bug is fixed.
v22.214.171.12497March 25, 2019
- Protocol application content script may crush Chrome v72.0.3626.121. This bug is now fixed.
v126.96.36.19991January 24, 2019
- Protocol application installer on Mac OS displayed an error installing Safari extension. This bug is fixed now.
- "Loading..." panel did not disappear. This bug is now fixed.
v188.8.131.5283December 24, 2018
- Non-English characters double-encoded in New Folder dialog. Now this bug is fixed.
v184.108.40.20659December 5, 2018
- Protocol application do not open document during first click in Edge in case path length + cookie length + mounting path length exceed 2083 chars. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application Edge extension do not install in all users mode on some machines. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application Edge extension do not install in current user mode on some machines. This bug is now fixed.
v220.127.116.1190October 30, 2018
- Protocol application on Mac OS X show "ItemURL must be located under the MountURL" if beginning of ItemURL and does not exactly match MountURL in EditDocument()/DavProtocolEditDocument() functions. Now URL comparison algorithm is improved.
- Protocol application show "Can not pass cookies." error on Windows 7 in case of long cookies. Now this bug is fixed.
v18.104.22.16872August 23, 2018
v22.214.171.12467August 15, 2018
- In case of per-machine protocol application installation on Windows, the application appeared in 'Add or Remove Programs' only for user that performed installation. Now the protocol application appears in 'Add or Remove programs' for all users in case of per-machine installation.
- If Web Client Windows service was stopped on Windows 8.1 administrative privileges were requested by the protocol application installer (and by protocol application) to start the Web Client service. Administrative privileges are no more required on Windows 8.1 to start Web Client.
- Protocol application installer v5.7 did not overwrite properly v5.6 on Ubuntu. Now this bug is fixed, the v5.6 is properly removed before installing 5.7 on Ubuntu.
v126.96.36.19902August 1, 2018
- Protocol application Windows installer ‘Only for me’ mode does not require administrative privileges any more. For current user the protocol application can now be installed by account with ‘Standard User’ permissions.
- Protocol application Windows installer installer now verifies that Web Client Windows service is running (in case of Windows 7, Windows 8.1) and offers to start Web Client if required.
- Protocol application Windows installer parameters are provided to modify Edge policy and start Web Client Service during installation in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
- Web browser extensions install with incorrect permissions on Ubuntu 16 and Ubuntu 18. Now proper permissions are being configured during installation.
v188.8.131.5275July 17, 2018
- If total item path length + cookie length + mounting path length exceed 2083 chars for Edge or 2046 chars in Chrome the protocol app did not open. Now protocol application long paths and cookies are supported in Edge and Chrome.
- All Users/Current user option added to the protocol application installer. To install Edge extension the installer now prompts to allow local computer policy modification.
- If Web Client Windows service is not running on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows Server machines a warning message is displayed by the protocol application offering to start the Web Client service.
- On Ubuntu 18.04 gksu package did not installed by protocol application. Now the package is removed from dependency.
- Chrome 67.0.3396.99 the protocol application did not show “To execute this command the authentication cookie will be saved as permanent …" message in case of a session cookie. This bug is now fixed.
- Some of the registry keys added by the protocol application keys are not being removed during uninstall. Now all registry keys are properly removed.
- Firefox on iOS did not open MS Office documents. This bug is now fixed.
- Firefox on iOS did not detect correctly. This bug is now fixed.
- Edge extension did not uninstall. This bug is now fixed.
v184.108.40.20601May 17, 2018
- Protocol application now supports Internet Explorer with latest Windows updates. Tested with anonymous, cookies, Basic, Digest and IWA authentication.
v220.127.116.1189May 10, 2018
- Protocol application did not detect in Firefox on Windows 32-bit. Protocol install callback was always called. This bug is now fixed.
- If pre-release version of protocol application was installed, the release version did not detect protocol application in Chrome on Windows. Protocol install callback was always called. This bug is now fixed.
v18.104.22.16870April 27, 2018
- Protocol application now supports latest Linux updates. Tested on Ubuntu, Mint, OpenSUSE, Debian.
- Several protocol application versions can now run in parallel on Linux.
- Edge required protocol app installation when opening a document in all cases. Now Edge requires protocol application and extension only in case of cookies authentication.
- Edit Document Opener protocol applications V3 and v4 did not detect properly if Edit Document Opener v5 is installed. Now this bug is fixed.
- Protocol application presence did not detect if HTML page was opened from file system. Now protocol application is detected if web page is opened from a file system.
v22.214.171.12401 Beta 2April 2, 2018
- Protocol did not detect properly in Firefox and Edge if library is used in iframe. Now this bug is fixed.
- Protocol install callback is called in Safari even if protocol application is installed. This bug is now fixed.
- Uninstall of protocol application always uninstalled Firefox extension. Now Firefox extension is uninstalled only when last protocol application is uninstalled.
v126.96.36.19967 Beta 2March 28, 2018
- Multiple protocol applications installation is now supported on Windows and Mac OS X. You can run several protocol applications in parallel on one machine to work with websites that use different WebDAV Ajax Library versions.
- Basic and Digest authentication did not work in Chrome. “null:null” was added to XmlHttpRequests after latest Chrome updates. Basic and Digest authentication now work with latest Chrome updates.
- Chrome and Firefox extensions are updated to support several protocol applications installed on one Windows or Mac OS X machine.
- Opening documents did not work in Edge with cookies authentication. Now this bug is fixed.
- Edge extension now supports several protocol applications installed on one Windows machine.
- “Error: NoneType object is not iterable” message is displayed on Mac OS X. This bug is now fixed.
v188.8.131.5212 Beta 1February 27, 2018
- Latest Windows updates and Edge updates are now supported. Latest Edge release can pass cookies to protocol app.
- Session cookies now can be passed to protocol application.
- A new web browser add-in is provided for Chrome on Windows and Max OS X.
- A web browser extension is provided for Firefox on Windows and Max OS X.
- A web browser extension is provided for Edge.
- A more reliable detection of protocol application presence is implemented.
- If more than one identical cookies attached to the request and server fails to open a document a “Retry” button is now provided that resets the connection and removes extra cookies.
- “HttpOnly” and “secure” cookie parameters did not always passed properly to protocol app. This bug is now fixed.
- “Path” did not set in in cookie when passed to protocol app. This bug is now fixed.
- Cookie expiration date time zone did not set correctly in protocol app resulting in the incorrect expiration date. This bug is now fixed.
- Firefox extension is now provided for Linux.
- Chrome extension may not install properly on Ubuntu Linux. This bug is now fixed.
- “'NoneType' object is not iterable” error occurs in Chrome if Anonymous/Basic/Digest is used. This bug is now fixed.
v184.108.40.20670April 13, 2017
- Authentication 'cookies' option did not work. Now this bug is fixed.
- Protocol application installer for Windows is signed with a new code signing certificate.
- If a web browser was deleted directly from file system instead of uninstalling, the protocol application may fail to start. Now web browsers that are improperly deleted are ignored by protocol application.
- A protocol application on OS X may incorrectly attach multiple cookies the request on OS X. This bug is now fixed.
v220.127.116.1134February 7, 2017
- Error in in protocol app on Windows: Microsoft.VC90.CRT id not found exception “Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested.” Now this bug is fixed.
- Opening documents using protocol app on Windows from non-root WebDAV server did not work. Now this bug is fixed.
- Error handling in protocol application improved and refactored. Error message with appropriate description is now displayed if Desktop Experience Windows feature is not installed on Windows Server. Error message is displayed if mounting failed and non-cookies auth is used and connection is non-SSL and UseBasicAuth/BasicAuthLevel registry key is not set to 2.
- Protocol application stopped opening documents on Mac OS X if auth cookie expired. Now cookies are passed into protocol application during every document opening on Mac OS X in case of cookies auth.
- Improved stability and performance of protocol application on OS X in case of cookies authentication.
- Protocol application Max OS X version build failed in source codes version. Now this bug is fixed.
- In case of 302 redirect to login page protocol application hanged. Now this bug is fixed.
- License updated, usage restrictions section added – licensing limitations on usage with third-party WebDAV servers.
v18.104.22.16818 BetaNovember 29, 2016
- Edit button on a toolbar did not disable during multi-selection. Now this bug is fixed.
v22.214.171.1245November 28, 2016
v126.96.36.19912 BetaOctober 17, 2016
- Opening documents from WebDAV server with cookies authentication is now supported by protocol applications. Documents can now be opened from a WebDAV server which supports pure cookies authentication on Windows, OS X and Linux. The persistent cookie(s) are passed from Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge and IE to WebDAV client application.
- "Edit Document With..." command added. User can now select which application to use when opening a document.
- A new Source Codes License version is provided with complete protocol application sources. "One-click" build from sources and re-branding of protocol applications is now supported. Build scripts are provided for Windows, OS X and Linux with Source Codes license.
- Multiple document opening is now supported. User can multi-select several documents and use "Edit Document" command to open all documents.
- Protocol application RPM package installer is provided.
- Opening document error processing refactored in protocol application in Windows version. If document opening failed Windows Explorer with "My Documents" folder opened in some cases. Now correct error message is displayed.
- Resume did not work in mobile/touch version. The upload failed with "conflict" error. Now this bug is fixed.
v188.8.131.521August 5, 2016
- Files inside folders broken if uploading via folders upload in Chrome on Windows and OS X. Now this bug is fixed.
- New Folder dialog and Rename dialog are covered by keyboard in Safari on iOS in touch version. Now this bug is fixed.
- Back navigation doe not work in touch version in file properties dialog. Now this bug is fixed.
- Info button stops working in files list after navigating from file properties dialog in touch version. Now this bug is fixed.
v184.108.40.2060July 11, 2016
- Drag & Drop upload in Edge hanged. This bug is now fixed.
- Ampersand character ('&') did not work in input fields on OS X. Now this bug is fixed.
v220.127.116.115April 22, 2016
- Opening of non-MS Office documents and MS Office docs with MS Office 2007 via davX: protocol failed on Windows 32-bit machines. This bug is now fixed.
- Opening of non-MS Office documents and MS Office docs with MS Office 2007 via davX: protocol failed in IE 8 and IE 9. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application displayed warning in IE 8 and IE 9 about opening unsigned application from unknown publisher. The application is now signed.
- If mounting using protocol application failed the web log-in dialog was shown. The log-in dialog is removed, error message with recommendations is now displayed.
- Protocol name changed to dav3, to trigger automatic protocol application update.
- Protocol application error processing and error message dialogs are re-factored on Windows and Linux.
v18.104.22.1689April 13, 2016
- Icon did not display for files without extension in thumbnails view, in popup info block and in Properties dialog. This bug is now fixed.
- File type displayed incorrectly in Details view and in Properties dialog for files without extension. This bug is now fixed.
- Edit Document command and Open OS File Manager command (via custom protocol handler) failed on Windows 32 bit. This bug is now fixed.
- Edit Document command (via custom protocol handler) failed on files without extension on Windows and OS X. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol install dialog appear on Windows machines in Chrome if 'Remember my choice for all links of this type' check-box was checked in 'External Protocol Request' dialog and document opening took more than 1 sec. This bug is now fixed.
- First execution of Edit Document command (via custom protocol handler) performance improved on OS X.
v22.214.171.1240 Beta 2March 15, 2016
- Touch interface, both in mobile and tablet versions, now triggers document editing instead of download.
- Dialog for downloading custom protocols is provided in desktop and mobile versions.
- List of files in Details view is not displayed if getcontentlength, lasmodified, created or any other properties are not provided by server. Now this bug is fixed.
- If user navigates to other folder during upload files are uploaded to that folder instead of original folder. Now this bug is fixed.
- Deb protocol installer package is now provided for Linux in addition to tar.gz. Tested on Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint.
- OS X protocol installer (pkg) is now signed.
- Unicode characters processing fixed in all protocol handlers.
- Opening documents in Dolphin file manager using protocol handler fixed.
- Opening MS Office docs on Linux now triggers davX: protocol directly, without trying MS Office protocols first.
- Protocol opening script opened a new window in Safari. Now this bug is fixed.
- Mounting URL parameter was not processed in protocol handlers. Now this bug is fixed.
v126.96.36.1997 Beta 1February 11, 2016
- A new approach to opening documents for editing based on protocols is provided. The Java applet is removed and replaced by protocol installers targeting Windows, OS X and Linux.
- File type was extracted from file dispalyname, incorrect file icon were displayed in Properties dialog and in files list if displayname is different from last segment of URL. Now file extension is extracted from file URL.
v188.8.131.520April 17, 2015
- Microsoft Office documents open for editing did not work in Google Chrome v42 update because NPAPI including Microsoft Office Chrome plug-in is not available any more. Now this issue is fixed, Microsoft Office Chrome NPAPI plug-in is not ised in Chrome any more.
- Java applet performance improved. Now applet is inserted on a web page only first time and reused after that.
- ‘Open With’ OS dialog is now displayed on Linux if file type is not associated with any application.
v184.108.40.2065December 31, 2014
- Java applet signature expired. Now the Java applet is signed with a new Java code signing certificate.
- Microsoft Office documents were opened in Google chrome using Plugin. Now the protocol extension is used.
v220.127.116.117December 6, 2014
- Context menu commands did not correspond to items after sorting. Now this bug is fixed.
- Extra request was sent even if SelectedFolder was not specified in Ajax File Browser settings. Now this bug is fixed.
v18.104.22.1685October 22, 2014
NTLM authentication in case of CORS did not present the login dialog. Now extra request is submitted in case of CORS to trigger NTLM authentication.
Sorting broke Files list in details mode, list in Upload Progress Panel, list in Versions dialog and list in Custom Properties. Now this bug is fixed.
Java applet now provides a better error handling on Windows. If WebDAV folder mounting error occurs a message is displayed with recommendations to the user.
When deleting a version the 'If: (<opaquelocktoken:http://server />' header was added to the request. Now this bug is fixed.
v22.214.171.1242September 3, 2014
When uploading folder via context menu in Google Chrome double slash appeared in upload URL. Now this bug is fixed.
When deleting file version erroneous lock token was included in the request even if the item is not locked. Now this bug is fixed.
v126.96.36.1991August 19, 2014
Drag and drop folders upload did not upload files correctly, all files were of the same size. Now this bug is fixed.
The ‘+’ character did not encode during rename and move operations. Now this bug is fixed.
Delete in Versions dialog does not work. Now this bug is fixed.
v188.8.131.529July 18, 2014
Files upload and download via context menu and toolbar button did not work when CORS is used. Now this bug is fixed.
Upper line in context menu selected item was missing in most themes. Now this bug is fixed.
Download in Chrome via context menu did not escape URL correctly. Now this bug is fixed.
Download in Chrome via the toolbar button downloaded file with escaped characters. Now this bug is fixed.
v184.108.40.2068June 26, 2014
Files upload via context menu, toolbar and browser button broken by last update. This bug is now fixed.
Scroll in IE and Firefox - the size if Ajax File Browser may be bigger than specified. This bug is now fixed.
When row is selected in details view in IE 11 the line moves by 1 pixel. This bug is now fixed.
v220.127.116.113June 25, 2014
User can now open Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio files for editing from server using protocols/plugins similar to Microsoft Office files. OpenOffice documents can now be opened in MicrosoftOffice using protocols/plugins.
The following types of files can now be opened as Microsoft Office documents:
- Microsoft Word documents: docx, doc, docm, dot, dotm, dotx
- Microsoft Excel documents: xltx, xltm, xlt, xlsx, xlsm, xlsb, xls, xll, xlam, xla
- Microsoft PowerPoint documents: pptx, pptm, ppt, ppsx, ppsm, pps, ppam, ppa, potx, potm, pot
- Microsoft Access documents: accdb, mdb
- Microsoft InfoPath documents: xsn, xsf
- Microsoft Publisher documents: pub
- Microsoft Visio files: vstx, vstm, vst, vssx, vssm, vssm, vss, vsl, vsdx, vsdm, vsd, vdw,
- Microsoft Project files: mpp
- OpenOffice Writer: odt
- OpenOffice Calc: ods
- OpenOffice Impress: odp
New Folder and Rename dialogs in mobile and tablet versions were overlapped by keyboard. Now these dialogs are repositioned to avoid keyboard overeating.
If Twitter Bootstrap is included on a web page the Ajax File Browser UI is distorted. Now Twitter Bootstrap (including ASP.NET MVC that is using it) and other Ajax libraries are.
Folders upload via context menu and toolbar button failed if folder contained files in subfolders. Now this bug is fixed.
XSS vulnerability – if the ‘<’ and ‘>’ characters did not escape properly in URL hash. Now this bug is fixed.
Url hash did not update in case last letter is deleted in search field, cross (clear) icon in search field pressed of search field Is hidden in a mobile version. Now hash is updated in all above scenarios.
Url hash did not update in case root node is selected in both desktop and a mobile version. Now this bug is fixed.
‘Folder Up’ button on a toolbar is enabled if a web page with Ajax File Browser displaying search results is refreshed. Now this bug is fixed.
v18.104.22.1685June 20, 2014
CSS files are now packaged into a single file to reduce the amount of requests. Old CSS files are also shipped for backward compatibility.
New Folder, Copy, Move did not refresh tree in IE 8. Now this bug is fixed.
Mouse selection in search popup in a desktop version did not navigate to results, the text cursor is displayed. Now this bug is fixed.
Rename was sending 2 refresh requests in a desktop version. Now this bug is fixed.
Refresh during Copy, Move, Delete operations was sending numerous refresh requests in a mobile version. Now this bug is fixed.
Click on the cross in Search field in mobile and desktop versions was sending 2 refresh requests. Now only one refresh request is sent.
Scrolling did not function in File/Folder Info dialog in a mobile version, part of the content on Info dialog was not accessible. Now this bug is fixed.
Search results scrolling improved in mobile and tablet versions. Keyboard now hides automatically when user starts scrolling search results or selects Go button.
In landscape mode on iPhone, the top toolbar buttons did not work in a mobile version. Now this bug is fixed.
Rotation from landscape mode to portrait mode in Google Chrome on Android device cut the files list. Now this bug is fixed.
v22.214.171.1247June 11, 2014
Google Chrome is now using plug-in instead of protocol extension in case of Microsoft Office 2013. The MS Office protocol is blocked by Google Chrome update.
v126.96.36.1991June 4, 2014
The tablet mode functionality is provided. In this new mode, the folders tree could be displayed on the left side together with files list or upload panel could be displayed on the right side.
Search functionality is provided in desktop, mobile and tablet modes.
In desktop mode search field added to a toolbar with drop-down hint and dynamic search results.
In mobile and tablet mode, search field now submits search request to the server instead of filtering files on a client side.
Progress for each operation is now displayed in desktop, mobile and tablet modes. Each operation can now be canceled.
The tree panel is provided in a mobile and tablet modes.
The upload panel is moved to the right side in mobile mode.
Mobile version now supports very long file lists. List scrolling performance improved dramatically. Now mobile and tablet versions provide virtual scrolling with a minimum HTML being generated in files list.
All operations are now asynchronous, including Copy, Move, Delete and Custom Properties management.
All operations are now supported in case of CORS with authentication in all web browsers (previously Copy, Move, Delete and Custom Properties management operations did not support CORS with authentication in FireFox and Safari).
Details view of each folder in desktop mode now can be customized individually at runtime using SetSettings method.
BeforeSelectedFolderChanged event is provided in which user can cancel navigation or customize Details View of Files Panel.
Upload dialog is removed in Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE 10 and later. User now goes directly to selecting files after clicking Upload button or menu.
Error processing improved and unified. Now any error details can be viewed in Details dialog which can display both WebDAV errors and HTML returned from the server.
Scrolling may be too long in mobile mode. Now this bug is fixed.
Small images thumbnails preview are distorted in a mobile version in Content and Thumbnails mode. Now this bug is fixed.
v188.8.131.523April 11, 2014
Upload dialog in a mobile version is distorted on iPad 2, user cannot select file for upload. This bug is now fixed.
Scroling performance improved in mobile version.
In Content and in Thumbnail mode in a mobile version the image is resized incorrectly. Now this bug is fixed. mode=fill parameter is now added to thumbnaURLuin a mobile version.
Upload panel in a mobile version now hides automatically when all uploads are finished.
“Select All” in upload panel in a mobile version did not change to “Clear Selection”. This bug is now fixed.
File names are now generated and are unique for files uploaded from Android in a mobile version.
Last content row may be truncated or overlapped by bottom toolbar in a mobile version. This bug is now fixed.
v184.108.40.2068April 8, 2014
Video upload on iOS implemented in a mobile version.
Pull-down refresh is implemented in a mobile version.
Upload progress can be over 100% in a mobile version if resume is selected and the server is not available. This bug is now fixed.
Pause in upload panel in a mobile version does not work. This bug is now fixed.
Extra PROFIND request is sent and file list is refreshed in a mobile version when Resume is selected. No extra request is sent now when user resumes upload now.
Edit mode in a mobile version did not enable on iPhone 5 if EditModeMobile is set to ‘auto'. This bug is now fixed.
If upload list panel in a mobile version did not have scroll. Now this bug is fixed.
If any upload failed the progress on upload panel button is now turns read.
v220.127.116.112March 31, 2014
Quota implementation added in a mobile version. The Info dialog on folder now displays quota.
Size did not display in ‘Content’ mode and in Info dialog in mobile version for zero-length files. This bug is now fixed.
Size and modification date is mixed in Content and List mode. Now this bug is fixed.
Upload after page refresh does not resume after selecting a correct file in a mobile version. This bug is now fixed.
Upload panel buttons went out of upload panel in mobile IE emulator. This bug is now fixed.
Info dialog displayed thumbnail instead of the icon. Now this bug is fixed.
v18.104.22.1680March 26, 2014
Cell formatting function is now provided. Programmer can now create custom columns on a client side.
Improved upload stability in a mobile version. Muliupload fixed on iOS.
File and folder rename functionality implemented in a mobile version.
Fixed loader for servers that do not enable CORS and IE 9 and earlier.
Unable to select file in thumbnails view if the mouse pointer is overlapped with Context help. Now Context help is moved to the left side if it is under the mouse pointer.
View button on a toolbar and context menu was missing a check mark. Now this bug is fixed.
View button on a toolbar now changes images for each view mode. View button and context menu now provide context help for each mode.
In a mobile version in List view now file icons are displayed for images, not image preview.
Folder Up is disabled now if the user is in the root folder.
Items selection in files panel in details mode did not work. Now this bug is fixed. Home, End, PageUp, PageDown are now also supported.
New Folder and Rename item dialogs empty field validators did not work in a mobile version. This bug is now fixed.
File name was broken when downloading version from versions dialog. This bug is now fixed.
‘No to All’ functionality fixed in a mobile version when item is being moved, copied or overwritten during upload.
Lumuna theme folder and default file 256x256 and 512x512 images quality improved.
v22.214.171.1241March 4, 2014
Custom columns that display data from custom properties can now be created.
Default buttons do not work in dialogs in FireFox. This bug is now fixed.
Mouse scroll is very slow in FireFox. This bug is now fixed.
Failed to execute a command [osascript, -e mount volume "http://...." error when trying to mount a volume that was already mounted on OS X. This bug is now fixed.
Spaces not supported for mounted WebDAV folders on OS X. This bug is now fixed.
Folder Up icon is now disabled on the root folder in both desktop and mobile versions.
Loader is not supported for servers that do not enable CORS and IE 9 and earlier. Now a loader supports servers without CORS support and IE 9 and earlier.
ITHitAJAXFileBrowserSource.tar.gz does not include ITHitAJAXFileBrowserMobile.js and ITHitAJAXFileBrowserLoader.js file. Now these files are included. ITHitAJAXFileBrowserLoader.js is now minified.
If the user navigates in tree during folder upload the Ajax File Browser navigates back. This bug is now fixed.
If the user selects “Refresh” command or toolbar button or navigates to new folder and server is not available the folder content is cleared. Now folder content is not cleared.
The “New Folder” dialog now provides default folder name in folder name field.
The items contain text selection in IE if the user selects several items in Upload panel. This bug is now fixed.
Drag do not start if drag starts on non-selected element. Now this bug is fixed.
ViewMode in settings object can now be set using a text.
v126.96.36.1993February 26, 2014
Ajax File Browser Mobile version Beta implementation is provided.
Drag & Drop stopped working in Chrome 32.0.1700.107 and later version. This bug is now fixed.
New loader with progress bar and desktop/mobile web browser auto detection provided. New initialization code is now used to load and create Ajax File Browser asynchronously.
Toolbar icons improved, fixed and new extra icons provided for all themes and sizes. Upload button is now on a toolbar.
SetSelectedFolder and SetSelectedItems are now obsolete. SetSelectedFolderAsync and SetSelectedItemsAsync provided instead.
SelectedFolderChanged and SelectedItemsChanged events fire inconsistently. Now this bug is fixed.
GetSelectedFolder method returned HierarchyItem instead of null if nothing is selected in a tree. This bug is now fixed.
Enter on file or folder did not navigate to specified folder. Now this bug is fixed.
‘Use of XMLHttpRequest's withCredentials attribute is no longer supported in the synchronous mode in the window context.’ error is now fixed. XMLHttpRequest.withCredentials is now set only in async mode.
BeforeRequestSend and BeforeUpload events fixed.
v188.8.131.520January 3, 2014
'Open Folder in File Manager' context menu and toolbar button did not work in IE 11 because httpFolder behavior was disabled in IE 11. Now Internet Explorer 11 is using Java applet to open OS File Manager.
v184.108.40.2062December 9, 2013
Drag and drop folders upload implemented in Google Chrome.
‘New Document’ menu now works with Microsoft Office 2013.
v220.127.116.115November 22, 2013
XPath is not supported issue fixed in Internet Explorer 11. Internet Explorer 11 is now supported.
Java applet support in Windows improved. Drive mounting previously failed if .Net 2.0 was not installed. Now mounting is supported with any .Net combination.
v18.104.22.1684 BetaNovember 13, 2013
The “Application will be blocked in the future Java security update because the JAR file manifest does not contain the permission attribute.” Warning in the Java applet fixed.
After server or network failure, when user resumes upload manually, more than 3 upload can start simultaneously. This bug I now fixed.
v22.214.171.1241 BetaOctober 9, 2013
Auto-restore upload may not work in Chrome and IE 10 fixed.
Sorting in Upload Panel broke context menu commands. This bug is now fixed.
v126.96.36.1990 BetaOctober 8, 2013
Upload of files over 2Gb to the IIS-based server is now supported. Now if IIS server is detected, the file is broken into segments below 2Gb and uploaded segment-by-segment.
Upload of files over 2Gb in IE 10 is now supported.
Folders upload implemented (Google Chrome-only feature).
Resumable upload is implemented. The user can now pause and resume upload.
Upload auto-resume is implemented. In case the server is not accessible because of server or network failure Ajax File Browser will try to automatically restore upload.
UI responsiveness improved. File structure browsing and upload operations are now asynchronous.
Upload Speed and time Left calculation improved.
v188.8.131.524September 27, 2013
In case Microsoft Office 2013 is installed together with previous Microsoft Office versions on the same client computer, Microsoft Office version sometimes did not detect correctly and previous Microsoft Office version was used in case of Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Now always, latest Microsoft Office version is used.
v184.108.40.2060August 27, 2013
Files tree and files list did not display in Chrome 29. Now this bug is fixed.
v220.127.116.117July 24, 2013
Edit Document stops working with Microsoft Office documents after web page refresh if Microsoft Office 2013 is installed. This bug is now fixed.
On Mac OS X Java applet was used to open Microsoft Office documents. Now Microsoft Office default web browser plugin is used.
v18.104.22.1685June 26, 2013
In Windows 8 theme upload_waiting.png and upload_failed.png icons was white and invisible, as a result. Now the color is changed to blue.
Sample index.html supplied with Ajax File Browser contained erroneous comment that broke HTML, the Ajax File Browser did not display correctly. Now this bug is fixed.
v22.214.171.1247June 14, 2013
278 status code is now treated as if 302 Found was returned. This is because 302 code is processed automatically by XHR and there is no way to process the redirect to the login page. Now if your server returns 278 status code the Ajax library will extract ‘Location’ header and redirect to URL specified in it.
Browsing performance improved (FlushCacheOnOpenFolder set to false by default). Only one request to the server is done when user opens a folder.
v126.96.36.1992May 29, 2013
Lock overlay image is displayed on file icon in Details View mode.
Java applet may not open for editing second time if during first call user clicked 'Cancel'. This bug is now fixed.
Several pixels of the last item in Details View in Windows 8 theme was truncated. This bug is now fixed.
Mark did not show in in context menu for current view mode in Google Chrome. This bug is now fixed.
Drop zone hover highlighting fixed in Real Vista and ih_vista when dragging file from local disk.
v188.8.131.524May 28, 2013
Ajax File Browser got a new look with 9 new CSS themes.
DeltaV versioning RFC3253 is now supported. Versions menu and button are added. The user can see versions list, revert to version and download version. Version creation date and user that created a version is displayed.
Quota RFC4331 is now supported. Properties page now displays info about used and free space.
Lock icon is displayed in Icons view if file is locked.
Java applet can now open documents for editing and start OS file manager on Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint and other major Linux flavors.
Java applet performance improved.
- Toolbar now supports several buttons sizes: 16, 24, 32, 48, 64, 72.
- All commands are now also available on the toolbar.
Context Help added. User can see the description of toolbar buttons, context menus and info about folders and files when hovering over them.
Upload from iOS photo gallery is supported now. Previously only one file was uploaded from iOS gallery.
In case unfinished file uploads are present in Upload Progress Panel a warning is displayed if the user is navigating away from a page.
Cross-domain requests are now supported in IE 10.
Now mark is displayed in the context menu for current view mode.
User can now navigate to the website outside of his base URL.
‘Folders’ button is now displayed as pressed if Folders Panel is visible.
Error when uploading .js files is now fixed.
Resize grip "jump" top in IE. Now this bug is fixed.
Cannot create a folder with IIS 6 Built-in WebDAV Server bug is now fixed.
Scripts broke when inserting on ASP.NET form. This bug is now fixed.
Gaps in the context menu in New Document and Views menu if displayed near the right border are now fixed.
If more than one file is selected via Browse button in IE 10 one file was always missing. Now this bug is fixed.
Request to missing blank.gif file fixed.
Edit field context menu and shortcuts fixed in Address bar.
v184.108.40.2063May 12, 2013
WebDAV standards-compliant PUT upload is now supported in IE 10. No more PostUploadModule is needed if IE 10 is used.
Upload via Drag-and-Drop is now supported in IE 10.
Multiselection upload via “Browse“ button in IE 10 uploaded 1 file less than was actually selected. This bug is now fixed.
If the file did not contain extension icons view broke. This bug is now fixed.
File icons updated.
v220.127.116.111December 28, 2012
Microsoft Office documents can now be opened in Chrome, Firefox and Safari using native web browser API, without using Java applet.
'New Document' menu is now available in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
v18.104.22.1682December 24, 2012
Broken signature on Java module is fixed.
v22.214.171.1240November 23, 2012
Code signing Certificate for Java module is updated.
v126.96.36.1991September 18, 2012
After sorting context menu may popup for incorrect element. Now this bug is fixed.
Broken HTML fixed in thumbnails mode.
v188.8.131.524June 22, 2012
- Thumbnails mode added.
- Download button added to the toolbar. 'Open / Download' command in the context menu is replaced with 'Download' command.
- If the text was selected in Google Chrome browser the Ajax File Browser hanged. This bug is now fixed.
v184.108.40.2063January 16, 2012
Fixed page reloads issue when Ajax File Browser is opened in a new window. Required for WebDAV Server for .Net v3.
Percent character ('%') encoding issue in Windows 7, Vista and Server 2008 is fixed in Java Applet.
'Open / Download' command is renamed to 'Download'. '?download' is added to the URL. It is expected that your server will attach Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=myfile.exe header to force file download when it discovers '?download' in URL.
v220.127.116.119December 18, 2011
Click on '+' in a tree modified hash code in the web browser. Now this bug is fixed.
IIS 7.x POST-upload module did not impersonate REPORT request. The upload in IE to built-in WebDAV IIS 7.x server failed if windows account did not have full control in upload folder. Now this bug is fixed.
Rename using Windows Explorer on Vista and 7 (mini redirector) failed if path contained special characters in URL and Windows Explorer is opened from context menu 'Open Folder in File Manager' in Firefox, Chrome and Safari. The URL in the Destination header was double encoded. Now this bug is fixed.
Error when posting folder via Ctrl-V when another folder is selected in Files View panel. Now this bug is fixed.
When Ajax File Browser was used with WebDAV Server Engine for .Net v3 Beta the JavaScropt error occurred when uploading in Internet Explorer.
v18.104.22.1688November 9, 2011
- Cut / Paste did not overwrite the file if the file with the same name exists in the target folder. Now this bug is fixed.
- Ctrl-X / Ctrl-V broke history navigation. Now this bug is fixed.
- Error message displayed if Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V with a file is performed in the same folder. Now this bug is fixed.
- When drugging a file the Copy/Move <file name> label disappeared when drugging over the file list. Now this bug is fixed.
v22.214.171.1242October 21, 2011
- On some servers, error message box is displayed when file is dropped in Files View Panel on a folder with special characters in URL or if Settings.Url contains special characters. Now this bug is fixed.
- URL in 'Location' field in Properties dialog is double encoded. Now this bug is fixed.
- 'Manage Properties' dialog title fixed.
- File size in Properties dialog now displayed in Bytes in addition to Mb and Kb.
v126.96.36.1999October 19, 2011
- Browse button is grayed in Chrome and Safari. Now this bug is fixed.
- Scrolling may appear when activating Java applet if browser width and height is set to 100% of the width and height of the web page. Now this bug is fixed.
v188.8.131.525October 16, 2011
- 'Edit Document' and 'Open Folder in File Manager' commands failed on servers with authentication if Java applet was used. Now this bug is fixed.
- Message displayed 'Location <URL> not found.' when canceling upload of files in the queue. Now this bug is fixed.
- Response items with non-OK status are ignored in file listing requests.
v184.108.40.2067October 5, 2011
- Upload in Firefox 7 is now supported. In Firefox 7 files of any size are now uploaded in a standards-compliant manner, using PUT verb. The POST upload is used for Firefox 6 and earlier versions for files over 100Mb only.
- 'Open Containing Folder' and 'Open Document' generated incorrect path for SSL/HTTPS connections. This bug is now fixed.
- Firefox 6 displayed 'Save File' dialog at the end of file upload if the file is over 100Mb in size. This bug is now fixed.
- If user presses 'Enter' in Rename dialog the file renamed but the dialog did not close. This bug is now fixed.
v220.127.116.117September 22, 2011
- POST upload module for Microsoft WebDAV Extension for IIS 7.x to support upload in IE added to Ajax File Browser archive.
v18.104.22.1680 ReleaseSeptember 16, 2011
- Java applet provided for opening /saving documents directly from / to server in IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari on Windows and Mac OS X.
- The Java applet can open default OS file manager.
- API for context menu customization provided.
- API for creating custom dialogs provided.
- History is now integrated with web browser history navigation by default.
- Shortcuts and diagonal-drag selection are now supported.
- Now you can pass localized strings to Ajax File Browser constructor.
- Thumbnails mode removed.
v0.2.0.258April 18, 2011
- 'AjaxFileBrowser=True' marker is added to URL when POST-upload in IE and Firefox is performed. Required to support WebDAV Server Engine v3.
v0.2.0.257March 22, 2011
- If File View Panel contains large number of files, clicking on the scroll may cause view to scroll to the top. This bug is now fixed.
- Double clicking on file did not open the file. This bug is now fixed.
v0.2.0.255March 9, 2011
- In Google Chrome for files over 100Mb, dialog box was displayed when drag-dropping files from file system. This bug is now fixed.
- Dialog box is now displayed if the user drops a file from file system in Internet Explorer, telling user that Internet Explorer does not support drag and drop from file system.
- If the user drags over Upload Panel in Internet Explorer the color changed. This bug is now fixed.
v0.2.0.252 Beta 2February 25, 2011
- The URL in 'Overwrite Confirm' dialog is not decoded. Now this bug is fixed.
v0.0.2.246February 17, 2011
- Images caching issue fixed. If the image was updated in thumbnails mode Firefox and Internet Explorer never refreshed image regardless of caching headers specified by the server. Now image modification date is attached to URL to reliably prevent caching.
- If more than one file was uploaded in Firefox, Chrome and Safari some images did not display in thumbnails mode. This bug is now fixed.
- An error appeared in upload area for cross-origin uploads in Internet Explorer while file was successfully uploaded. This bug is now fixed.
v0.0.2.241February 10, 2011
- File did not upload for cross-origin requests if drag-and-dropped from local file system. This bug is now fixed.
- Scrolling in Manage Properties dialog in Internet Explorer. This bug is now fixed.
- After switch to thumbnail mode from details view selection in files view panel did not work. This bug is now fixed.
v0.0.2.240February 7, 2011
- Drag and drop from local file system implemented added in Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- Internal drag and drop implemented.
- The "Vista" style is moved from /themes/default_inc.css to /themes/ih_vista/include.css.
- Internal refactoring and redesign did.
- iWork Keynote, Pages and Numbers icons added.
v0.0.1.194July 26, 2010
- Files upload multiselection added in Firefox Safari and Chrome.
- Cross-domain / cross-port requests are now supported.
- All AJAX File Browser settings now could be passed to the constructor.
- Now you can customize Files Panel and Upload Progress Panel. In this version, you can hide any column, change columns headers, order, set columns width and resize mode.
- Toolbar is now customizable. You can add your custom buttons or any other HTML controls, hide default buttons as well manage visibility, text and other properties.
- Double-click event on files and folders added to Files View panel.
- SetSelectedFolder did not open tree in Folders panel if file was on level 3 or deeper. This bug is now fixed.
- Default columns resize mode changed.
v0.0.0.153February 26, 2010
- Cancel upload in Firefox fixed.
v0.0.0.149February 3, 2010
- Standards-compliant PUT upload now supported in Google Chrome 4.
- Upload Progress panel sorting fixed.
- onBeforeUpload event fixed.
- Show/Hide upload panel (SetShowUploadPanel) fixed.
v0.0.0.136October 24, 2009
- When file is uploaded to the folder with non-English characters the file content is not refreshed. This bus is now fixed.
v0.0.0.135October 11, 2009
- WebDAV-compliant PUT upload of files up to 4Gb now supported in Safari 4.0 or later.
- WebDAV-compliant PUT upload of files up to 100Mb now supported in Firefox 3.5 or later. Larger files (up to 2Gb) require POST support on the server side.
v0.0.0.124May 1, 2009
- Incorrect exception text when during cross-domain request fixed.
- Dialogs resize and scrolling fixed.
v0.0.0.121April 15, 2009
- SetShowAddressBar and SetShowToolbar methods fixed.
v0.0.0.120April 14, 2009
- Fixed incorrect domain is used by default.
- Fixed scrolling in IE when dialogs are shown.
- Fixed backgrounds in dialog titles.
- Fixed missing "dropdown" image in a toolbar.
- When upload progress panel is hidden and then shown it was located at the top of the control instead of the bottom. This is now fixed.
- Only control area now disabled when dialogs are displayed.
v0.0.0.115April 7, 2009
- IE 8 support added.
- Page styles influenced control styles. Control styles influenced influences page styles. Now this is partially fixed.
- ih_vista class now must be applied to control container.
- Default buttons in dialogs are set.
v0.0.0.112April 1, 2009
- Modification date / time format now automatically set according to system settings.
- Validators fixed in New Folder and Rename dialogs.
- Get / SetShowFilesView method added.
v0.0.0.108March 30, 2009
- Apple Safari 4 Beta support added.
v0.0.0.105March 27, 2009
- Localization support added. Strings are now stored uncompressed at the top of ITHitAJAXFileBrowser.js.
- Methods for controlling various panels visibility added: Get/SetShowFolders, Get/SetShowToolbar, Get/SetShowAddressBar, Get/SetShowUploadPanel,
- Thumbnails view fixed, extra line breaks removed.
- Context menu in upload area did not disappear. Now this bug is fixed.
- Some AJAX File Browser HTML was put to the body tag. Now all content is put to the parent control.
- IE 6 support improved.
v0.0.0.93March 5, 2009
- Escaping of special characters fixed. Now all special characters are URL-encoded.
- SSL fixed. AJAX File Browser failed to connect to servers over HTTPS.
- Copy fixed. If the server returns multistate response with a list of successfully copied files the error message was displayed.
- Validation of not allowed characters added, Get/SetNotAllowedCharacters methods added.
- View Mode management methods added: Get/SetViewMode, Get/SetImageTypes.
v0.0.0.69February 17, 2009
- Tested with Apache mod_dav.
- Minimized server round trips.
- Upload redesigned.
- Fixed files upload and renames with non-English characters.
- OnBeforeUpload, OnGetProgress, OnBeforeRequestSend, OnResponse, OnSelectedItemsChanged, OnSelectedFolderChanged events provided.
- Get/SetProgressRefreshTime, Get/SetShowImagePrevie and Refresh methods provided.
v0.0.0.49 Beta 1January 22, 2009
- IT Hit AJAX File Browser Beta 1 released