SharePoint List View Sample with Edit Button on a Ribbon Bar for non-Microsoft Office Documents Editing
Follow the guide below to run the sample.
This sample requires Node.js v4+ to run.
Unzip a sample
Unzip the sample content to the ITHitSpsListView folder.
Install the dependencies and devDependencies and start the server.
$ cd ITHitSpsListView $ npm install
Configure your SharePoint site URL
Open config\serve.json and edit pageUrl parameter. Point it to your sharepoint site.
Configure action appear place
Open sharepoint\assets\elements.xml and edit Location parameter:
- ClientSideExtension.ListViewCommandSet.CommandBar – Action will be available on the Command Bar
- ClientSideExtension.ListViewCommandSet.ContextMenu – This will appear as a context menu.
- ClientSideExtension.ListViewCommandSet – This, will give both options - CommandBar and ContextMenu.
Run the sample
From the ITHitSpsExtension folder build and run the sample in the debug mode:
$ gulp serve
Agree to the Allow debug scripts? dialog by pressing Load debug scripts.
Opening documents for editing
- Select the document in the list. Now select the Command Edit button on a command bar or a context menu to open it for editing. The dialog asking for protocol application installation will appear.
- Install the protocol application and activate the web browser extension. Find more about the web browser extension activation in this article.
- Now click the Edit button again. This time the web browser protocol warning dialog will appear. Confirm the document opening. The document will open in the desktop application that is associated with the file extension on the client machine.