IT Hit Edit Any Document for SharePoint Release History
v5.1.3761.0July 23, 2020
- Opening documents on Mac OS is now fully supported. Protocol application on Mac OS is now using OneDrive to open documents.
- Edit button does not show in the list when the Columns add-in is used inside a web part. This bug is now fixed.
v5.0.3601.0May 21, 2020
- A new SharePoint add-in is provided that installs column with Edit buttons to the document view. A user can now start editing with a single click, without selecting a document first. A new add-in can be installed separately from the existing toolbar ribbon add-in.
v4.5.3552.0April 30, 2020
- Classic Edge Web browser extension is now installed by the protocol application only in case Microsoft Edge Chromium is not found on the client machine. If Microsoft Edge Chromium is detected, only the Microsoft Edge Chromium web browser extension is installed.
- In case Microsoft Edge Chromium is detected on the client machine by protocol application installer, no administrative privileges are requested any more to install the protocol application in the 'Only for me' mode.
- Protocol application uninstallation does not remove the web browser extensions by default anymore. A dialog requesting web browser extensions uninstallation is displayed now during uninstallation via the user interface. The REMOVEWEBBROWSEREXTENSIONS parameter is provided for unattended uninstallations.
- Protocol application .deb package did not install on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. "Could not import setuptools which is required to install from a source distribution. Please install setuptools." error is displayed. The incorrect version of pip was used in the installer. Now pip is upgraded to 20.1.
- Dialog with protocol application installation and web browser extension installation instructions did not detect OS. Now this bug is fixed.
- Informational message is now displayed if web browser extension is installed but protocol application is not installed on the client machine.
v4.5.3532.0April 8, 2020
- Document opening failed with 'Uncaught reference error' in the web browser console. Ctrl-F5 required to refresh the web page and open the document. Now, this bug is fixed.
v4.5.3517.0April 2, 2020
- Protocol application fails to open documents on macOS 10.15 Catalina. This bug is now fixed.
- Dialog with info about protocol application installation and web browser extension activation redesigned.
- The trial license was acting as a Site license. Now trial license is acting as a Tenant/Server license.
- SharePoint add-in/extension toolbar 'Edit' and 'Edit With' icons updated.
v4.5.3502.0March 25, 2020
- SharePoint 2019 On-Premises with NTLM/Kerberos authentication, Basic authentication, and mixed NTLM/Kerberos/Basic + FBA authentication is now supported.
- Protocol application fails in Internet Explorer, with the following message: "Failed to load cookies. Authentication cookie(s): Cookie1, Cookie2 was not found.". Now, this bug is fixed.
- Protocol application is not detected in Chrome and Edge Chromium after upgrading from the previous version. Now, this bug is fixed.
v4.4.3423.0March 19, 2020
- SharePoint extension per-site deployment failed to deploy to SharePoint 2019 On-Premises. Now, this bug is fixed. A separate.sppkg package is provided for SharePoint On-Premises.
- The protocol application log may fail to create in some SharePoint configurations. Now, this bug is fixed.
- If the protocol application failed to open a document and non-SSL connection is used, the message with recommendations is displayed.
v4.4.3417.0March 17, 2020
- The protocol application now supports Microsoft Edge Chromium. Microsoft Chromium Edge web browser extension is provided and automatically installed during the protocol application installation.
- SharePoint .sppkg extension failed to install on SharePoint 2019 on-premises version. The extension did not appear on web sites. The SharePoint log contained the following error: "...file '/XXXXXXXX/clientsideinstance.xml', line 3, character 6: The element 'Elements' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/' has invalid child element 'ClientSideComponentInstance'...". Now, this bug is fixed.
- Protocol application did not work with SharePoint on-premises version if the server is accessed via the NetBIOS name (https://server/) and FBA authentication is used. This bug is now fixed.
v4.3.3207.0February 25, 2020
- Protocol application fails to open a file if a file name contained '#' or ';' character. This bug is now fixed.
v4.3.3161.0November 29, 2019
- Documents opening does not work in FireFox. Now, this bug is fixed.
- Set License dialog may be shown even if the license was already set. The "Site or Evaluation license can be applied on one site only" error message is displayed if a user attempts to set the license. The license verification mechanism refactored.
- Edit and Edit With commands are now displayed in the context menu in SharePoint New Experience mode.
- If the client protocol application is v5.10.XXXX or earlier is installed on the client machine, the latest protocol application is requested to be installed.
- If Edit Any Document Site license is already used on another SharePoint site, the site URL and site ID are displayed in the error description in Set License dialog.
v4.2.3154.0November 19, 2019
- The protocol installer for Max OS is now notarized. MaxOS 10.15 Catalina is supported now.
- The protocol application download link is broken in SPS Classic Experience mode. Now, this bug is fixed.
v4.1.3149.0October 23, 2019
- Files with "," character failed to open. This bug is now fixed.
v4.0.3010.0September 30, 2019
- SharePoint Tenant-wide deployment and site-only deployment are supported now. Tenant and Site licenses are provided.
- If Edge extension is failed to install now error description is shown during installation.
- URL decoding in protocol application failed for long URLs in Chrome and Safari if DocManager.DavProtocolEditDocument() function is used. This bug is now fixed.
- URL decoding in protocol application failed if the file name or path contained '+' character. This bug is now fixed.
- Only the SharePoint New Experience Mode (.sppkg file, SPS Extension) is now supported. The SharePoint Classic Experience Mode (.app file, SPS Add-in) is not supported any more.
v3.1.2732.0June 25, 2019
- Document opening on Mac OS failed with "ItemURL must be located under the MountURL" error if domain did not contain dots. This bug is now fixed.
- Document opening on Windows failed if URL contained following characters: < > : " / \ | ? *. Now URL is validated and an error message is displayed.
v3.1.2716.0May 23, 2019
- Protocol application installer and its components are signed with a new certificate.
v3.1.2671.0May 15, 2019
- Protocol application on Linux did not decode URLs. Now URLs are properly decoded on Linux.
v3.1.2667.0May 13, 2019
- FireFox web browser extension icon did not show. This bug is now fixed.
- Chrome extension context processing fixed. Chrome extension error occurred "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received." and "Uncaught Error: Extension context invalidated." that could be found in Chrome web browser log. Now these errors are fixed.
- Protocol application installation on on Ubuntu 14 failed. Latest version of dbus package was attempted to install, which is not supported by Ubuntu 14. This bug is fixed now.
v3.1.2642.0March 25, 2019
- Protocol application content script may crush Chrome v72.0.3626.121. This bug is now fixed.
v3.1.2639.0January 25, 2019
- Protocol application installer on Mac OS displayed an error installing Safari extension. This bug is fixed now.
v3.1.2601.0December 5, 2018
- Protocol application do not open document during first click in Edge. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application Edge extension do not install in all users mode on some machines. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application Edge extension do not install in current user mode on some machines. This bug is now fixed.
v3.1.2539.0October 29, 2018
- Protocol application in Firefox on Windows 7 shows "Failed to decode cookies." error message. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application installer crushes if maximum file size is specified. This bug is now fixed.
- Edge web browser extension is not installed by protocol application installer in Current User mode. Installation for Edge now always require require administrative privileges. Message about policies modification and administrative privileges requirement in Current User mode added.
v3.1.2487.0October 2, 2018
- User can now specify maximum file size for editing during protocol application installation via installer user interface.
- Protocol application installer now supports advanced and standard mode.
- Protocol application show "ItemURL must be located under the MountURL" on non-root SharePoint website on Mac OS X. Now this bug is fixed.
- Protocol application show "Can not pass cookies." error on Windows 7. Now this bug is fixed.
- Protocol application documents opening failed with "Invalid Literal for float" error on Windows 2012 Server R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2. This bug is now fixed.
- Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian missing packages error displayed. This bug is now fixed.
v3.1.2390.0August 14, 2018
- Protocol application Windows installer in per-user mode does not require administrative privileges any more. In per-user mode the protocol application can now be installed by an account with ‘Standard User’ permissions.
- Protocol application Windows installer installer now verifies that Web Client Windows service is running (in case of Windows 7) and offers to start Web Client if required.
- Protocol application Windows installer parameters are provided to modify Edge policy and start Web Client Service during installation on Windows 7.
- Web browser extensions install with incorrect permissions on Ubuntu 16 and Ubuntu 18. Now proper permissions are being configured during installation.
v3.1.2352.0July 17, 2018
- Documents opening did not work on some machines in Edge. Edge host, provided with protocol application, security configuration fixed.
v3.1.2349.0July 16, 2018
- If Web Client Windows service is not running on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 machines a warning is displayed by the protocol application offering to start Web Client service.
- All Users/Current user option added to the protocol application installer. To install Edge extension the installer now prompts to allow local computer policy modification.
- On Ubuntu 18.04 gksu package did not installed by protocol application. Now the package is removed from dependency.
- Chrome 67.0.3396.99 the protocol application did not show “To execute this command the authentication cookie will be saved as permanent …" message in case of a session cookie. This bug is now fixed.
v3.0.2152.0 BetaJune 21, 2018
- Document did not open if Edit Any Document is installed or root website. Now this bug is fixed.
- Debug console is displayed if document is opened in Edge. Now this bug is fixed.
v3.0.2148.0 BetaJune 20, 2018
- SharePoint New Experience mode is now supported.
- Opening documents on Max OS X is now supported.
- Protocol application now supports latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and IE updates on Windows, Mac OS X and several Linux flavors.
- The product is now using the latest build of IT Hit WebDAV Ajax Library.
v2.6.1926.0October 25, 2016
- In case of SharePoint Online, on root website, the following message appeared when adding license to website: "Request failed. Access denied. You do not have permissions to perform this action or access this resource. undefined.". Now this issue is fixed.
v2.6.1905.0August 3, 2016
- Linux in now supported. The protocol application can now be installed and open documents on a Linux machine.
- "Open With..." command added. A user can now select which application to use when opening a document.
- Unicode characters did not show correctly on Windows machines. This bug is now fixed.
v2.5.1824.0July 6, 2016
- HttpException: Unknown server tag 'WebPartPages:AllowFraming'. Is thrown in case of SharePoint 2013. Now this bug is fixed.
- "Exception from HRESULT: 0x81070964" is thrown in case of SharePoint 2013. Now this bug is fixed.
- Window (Basic/Digest/NTLM/Kerberos) authentication is now supported.
- Forms-based authentication is now supported for SharePoint 2013.
- Settings page with license upload and permissions configuration added.
- Protocol application performance improved.
v2.5.1810.0June 22, 2016
- Edit Any Document for Microsoft SharePoint Online and Microsoft SharePoint 2013 released.