WebDAV Server Library for Java Release History
v4.4.3821March 4, 2020
- Sample WebDAV server for the Spring Boot framework with Oracle back-end is provided. The WebDAV requests are processed in a dedicated context, while the rest of the website processes regular HTTP requests, serving web pages. Documents, folders structure, locks and custom properties are stored in the Oracle database.
v4.3.3604February 19, 2020
- Added websocket support to the Spring Boot sample. Documents list is now updated in case of any changes on the server.
- Indexing and search in the Spring Boot sample implemented.
- OPTIONS and PROPFIND requests are now properly processed on the site root in the Spring Boot sample.
v4.3.3576February 6, 2020
- The default handler page in sample servers is refactored. The user interface and graphics are updated.
- Sorting in search results redirected back to folder content listing. Now sorting in search results is disabled.
- License validation failed for subscription licenses released over a year ago. Now, this bug is fixed.
- The Engine logging refactored and structure improved.
- The Engine version did not log. Now Engine version is logged into web server log file.
v4.3.3530January 31, 2020
- Spring Boot WebDAV server sample code refactored. New configuration settings added to application.properties.
- Spring Boot WebDAV sample now publishes WebDAV on /DAV/ context by default (was on /webdav/ context). 'webdav.rootContext' context configuration setting is added.
- Spring Boot WebDAV sample now reads a license from an external file configured in webdav.license setting.
- Spring Boot WebDAV sample, the path to storage folder can now be configured in webdav.rootFolder setting.
v4.3.3515January 29, 2020
- Sample WebDAV server for the Spring Boot framework is provided. The WebDAV requests are processed in a dedicated context, while the rest of the website processes regular HTTP requests, serving web pages.
v4.2.2812May 29, 2019
- File modification date change during lock and unlock in file system sample causing file save failure during first save in Microsoft Office, if Microsoft Office has Protected Mode enabled. The following message was displayed "File updated. <File> has been changed by another author.". Now in file system sample the file modification date is not changed during lock and unlock.
v4.2.2799March 2, 2019
- Incorrect children order in propstat and activelock XML elements in server response. This bug is now fixed.
v4.2.2794February 9, 2019
- Oracle sample now supports paging and sorting.
- Web browser back button does not work correctly in Firefox and Edge on a default handler page supplied with samples. Now this bug is fixed.
- Default handler page supplied with samples refactored to display paging only if server supports paging and hide if paging is not spported.
v4.1.2760February 6, 2019
- WebDAV server sample with file system back-end failed to run on Linux. The ServerException was thrown “Reading attribute ‘Locks’ from file ‘<path>’ failed”. This bug is now fixed.
- File creation failed in WebDAV server sample with file system back-end if server is running on Linux. The File.newByteChannel() function does not support NOSHARE_DELETE option. Now this option is omitted in case the server is running on Linux.
- Depth header did not process correctly on files. Response contained malformed XML in case of Depth: 1 was specified. Now Depth header is ignored on files.
v4.1.2743February 4, 2019
- File creation failed if server is running on Mac OS. The File.newByteChannel() function does not support NOSHARE_DELETE option. Now this option is omitted in case the server is running on Mac OS.
- Luciene and Ticka libraries updated to reference the latest version to avoid potential security vulnerability.
- All libraries referenced in sample servers are updated to the latest version.
v4.1.2715November 7, 2018
- Samples now reference latest Apache Lucene and Tica libraries.
- Indexing file size limit set to 1Mb in File System sample.
- pom.xml in Kotlin File System sample fixed.
v4.1.2703 Beta 2October 25, 2018
- File System sample in Kotlin is provided.
- Reference to tika-core library is updated to the latest version.
v4.0.2590 Beta 1October 7, 2018
- Paging and sorting are now supported when listing children. The Folder.getChildren() method now provides parameters to pass offset, page size and results sorting as well as to return total number of items in return object. Default handler page is refactored to support paging and sorting and use new IT Hit WebDAV Ajax Library v7.0 Beta paging functions such Folder.GetPageAsync().
v3.2.2435June 21, 2018
- Microsoft Office Mobile on Android is now supported.
- Microsoft Office Mobile on Windows 10 is now supported.
- When a file is copied or moved, the destination file contained source file locks. Now this bug is fixed. All sample servers copy and move implementation code is updated to remove source file locks from destination file after copying.
v3.2.2431June 20, 2018
- The com.ithit.webdav.integration.servlet Java sources were missing from the source codes package. Now sources of this package are included in a package.
v3.2.2420April 25, 2018
- Sample WebDAV servers now use Bootstrap 4 on a default page.
- License check may throw ServerException "The license is obsolete" exception with valid licenses. This bug is now fixed.
v3.2.2389February 20, 2018
- Dependency from org.jboss.vfs removed.
- Mime-types list updated. Now it contains all most recent list of all registered mime-types.
- NullPointerException in LicenseValidator is thrown if vfszip protocol is used (for example on JBoss 5.x).
- Content-range, Timeout, Location and If header added to Access-Control-Allow-Headers to support CORS.
v3.2.2370February 8, 2018
- Java 9 is now supported by the Engine. Pre-Java 9 dependencies are removed from project.
- Indexing code refactored in File.write() method implementation in file system sample.
- After a file is deleted folder content listing may fail. When upload canceled folder content refresh triggered via web sockets caused folder content to appear broken. Now this bug is fixed.
v3.1.2208December 25, 2017
- The getClientLockTokens() method is moved from the Engine class to the DavRequest class. The Engine.getClientLockTokens(DavRequest) method is marked as deprecated.
- Engine.getVersion() method is now static.
- "afb" folder is renamed to "wwwroot" in samples.
- Class reference fixed and updated.
v3.0.2114October 30, 2017
- IT Hit WebDAV Ajax Library did not download from NPM. Now the library automatically downloaded from NPM.
v3.0.2107October 27, 2017
- WebDAV Ajax Library files are now referenced from local server from '/wwwroot/node_modules/webdav.client/' folder (previously were referenced from ajaxbrowser.com).
- Microsoft Office applications submit outdated ETag after machine wakes up from sleep mode, causing file update failure. Now PUT request returns an updated ETag in the response, so the client-side ETag always properly updated.
- GET and HEAD requests returned ETag without quotes. Now this bug is fixed.
- If-Math header parsing refactored.
- License-check code updated.
v3.0.2008 BetaOctober 25, 2017
- A new sample WebDAV server Class 2 application that runs on Android is provided. A user can open documents in a web browser from any machine on a network from Android application storage, edit and save back to server. A user can also browse and manage files in Android media folder.
v3.0.1143 BetaOctober 19, 2017
- Negative value was returned for files over 2Gb in Content-Length header for GET and HEAD requests. Now this bug is fixed.
v3.0.1012 BetaOctober 9, 2017
- Engine is now independent of the servlet requests and responses. DavRequest and DavResponse interfaces are provided. Engine.service() method now accepts DavRequest and DavResponse interfaces as parameters.
- Default implementation of DavRequest and DavResponse interfaces are provided in HttpServletDavRequest and HttpServletDavResponse classes and included into servlet-integration-<version>.jar.
v2.4.877September 6, 2017
- Yearly and monthly subscriptions are now supported.
v2.3.863August 14, 2017
- WebDAV server sample with file system back-end now runs on Mac OS X. Extended attributes are now being managed via Java Native Access (JNA) library.
v2.2.710July 5, 2017
- Web Sockets in all samples Implemented. Now when a file or folder is created, updated, deleted, copied or moved a notification is sent to client and web UI is updated.
- Artifacts are published to Maven Central Repository.
- All samples are now published to GitHub.
- License validation failed on WebSphere on Linux. Now this bug is fixed.
v2.1.621April 21, 2017
- HEAD requests on folders are now processed. WebDAV clients that require HEAD request on folders are now supported.
- NullPointerException on WebSphere and WebLogic if ExpirationDate is specified in license file. This bug is now fixed.
v2.1.607March 13, 2017
- NullPointerException on JBoss if ExpirationDate is specified in license file. Now this bug is fixed.
v2.1.596February 20, 2017
- getetag property was missing quotes around e-tag in PROPFIND requests. Now this bug is fixed.
- NVL function removed from SQL sample, it is not required as the field is non-null.
- Saving file content refactored in SQL sample.
v2.1.580February 8, 2017
- ETag is now supported. GetEtag() method is provided in File interface and getetag is served in PROPFIND requests and in response headers.
- Microsoft Office merging is now supported. If a document is opened by 2 users simultaneously Microsoft Office will offer merging when saving a second user copy.
- Download pause/resume processing improved. If file is paused during download and modified on server the download now starts from the beginning.
- Source codes packaging improved in source codes version.
v2.0.430November 29, 2016
- License validation may fail in some cases for non-trial licenses. NullPointerException is thrown. Now this bug is fixed.
v2.0.421October 18, 2016
- A custom GET method handler in samples was created during each request, because it was created in HttpServlet.service() method. This caused stack-overflow exception on a server sample running for a long period of time. Now the custom GET method handler creation moved to HttpServlet.init() method.
v2.0.408October 3, 2016
- Lock-token header parsing did not work properly. Microsoft Office 2016/2011 for Mac failed to save documents opened from server. This bug is now fixed.
- Lock refresh Java unit test added to source codes version.
v2.0.407September 28, 2016
- Search implementation in samples now returns snippet (piece of text around search phrase in file content). Ajax is refactored on MyCustomHandlerPage.html page to request snippet from server using custom WebDAV property and display snippet in search results.
- File System Sample refactored. Now JSON is used to serialize/deserialize locks and custom properties in file system attributes.
- Properties requested by WebDAV client app are now passed into Folder.search() and Folder.getChildren() functions. This can be used as a hint about what properties will be requested in HierarchyItem.getProperties call.
- WebLogic descriptors provided.
- Code examples added to Javadocs.
- Open Ajax File Browser button did not work in case of non-root hosting. Now this bug is fixed.
v2.0.307 BetaSeptember 19, 2016
- The custom handler page updated. Now this page uses Twitter Bootstrap. Navigation in hierarchy is now performed without page reloading. Breadcrumb added. The page is properly resized and displayed on all screen sizes.
- Search support with drop-down hint is added to the custom handler page in all samples using WebDAV Ajax Library Folder.SearchAsync() function. Search support is detected using Folder.GetSupportedFeaturesAsync() ajax call.
- Search interface was derived from HierarchyItem. Now Search is derived from Folder interface.
- Fixed issue with folder re-indexing in samples after folder being moved.
- Content-Type header added for custom handler page in samples.
- Fixed real path issue for WebSphere.
- License validation fixed with wrong month assignment. SupportExpiration field is now correctly validated.
- Upload subscription bug fixed for JBoss and GlassFish when they send response as chunked.
- Added web descriptors for deploying to JBoss and GlassFish to root context.
- Javadocs refactored and fixed.
v2.0.250 BetaSeptember 8, 2016
- When running samples under Netbeans and Tomcat there was error while deploying application saying that context.xml is broken. This bug is fixed.
- Fixed License validation in engine.
v2.0.243 BetaSeptember 6, 2016
- Implemented DASL search support in server engine. DASL search by file name and content is implemented in server samples.
- Implemented Quota support in server engine. Quota is implemented in server samples.
- Javadoc are provided for all classes and methods in server samples.
- Server samples are populated with test files and folders using Maven.
- Added embedded Tomcat to run server samples.
- File System sample on Linux throw exception if file system extended attributes are not supported. Now appropriate extended attributes detection and description added.
v2.0.205 BetaAugust 17, 2016
- Sample with file system storage provided. Locks data is stored in alternative file streams.
- Tested with Ajax File Browser and WebDAV Ajax Library. Samples tested with WebDAV Ajax Library Integration Tests.
- Default page refactored. In addition to files list default page now provides more information to start forking with WebDAV server. You can run integration tests, open Ajax File Browser and open OS file manager.
- Both samples and source codes version now use Apache Maven.
- Server XML responses were sent as chunked, regardless of CalculateContentLength option. Now this bug is fixed.
- Resumable upload failed after pausing. Now this bug is fixed.
- Trial license verification failed. Now this bug is fixed.
v1.8August 8, 2011
- 'Overwrite: T' header was parsed incorrectly. Now this bug is fixed.
v1.7March 23, 2011
- Now server supports uploads with unknown content length. The Content-Range header can be passed in 123-456/* format.
v1.6February 28, 2011
- Cross-origin requests for copy and move failed. Now Overwrite and Destination headers are added to Access-Control-Allow-Headers to support copy and move.
- OPTIONS request in samples provided with the SDK now work without authentication to support cross-origin requests in Firefox.
v1.5January 31, 2011
- If you throw ServerException in your code the error message text was not returned to the client. Now the error message is returned in error\responsedescription element, in concordance with RFC 4918.
v1.4July 27, 2010
- Engine now attaches headers that enable cross-domain requests from AJAX.
- Default HTTP port 80 and HTTPS port 443 are removed from URLs returned by the server.
v1.3May 19, 2010
- The server library now supports DeltaV versioning. DeltaV sample provided.
v1.2March 30, 2010
- Fixed defect with MIME types.
v1.1February 8, 2010
- Sun GlassFish support added. Oracle sample tested with Sun GlassFish.
v188.8.131.52 Beta 1March 12, 2009
- Web Folders on Windows Vista sometimes submits incorrect Lock-Token header. Now this problem is fixed.
v184.108.40.206 Beta 1March 11, 2009
- RFC 4918 Class 3 support added.
- Content-Type header now returns charset.
v220.127.116.11 Beta 1February 28, 2009
- Multipart POST-upload support added.
- Upload progress interfaces added: UploadProgress and ResumableUpload. Resumable upload and upload progress implemented in the sample server.
- Encoding of special characters fixed.
- Query string is now truncated in sample before parsing URL.
v18.104.22.168 Beta 1February 11, 2009
- Class 2 WebDAV server library and tomcat+oracle sample provided.