IT Hit WebDAV Client API .NET Release History
v5.0.2243 AlphaSeptember 17, 2021
- The HttpWebRequest stack is replaced with the HttpClient stack.
- .NET Core 5 is now supported.
- Only the asynchronous WebDav session version is now supported, all synchronous interfaces and methods are deleted. IFileAsyc, IFolderAsync, IHierarchyItemAsync, WebDavSessionAsync are renamed to IFile, IFolder, IHierarchyItem, WebDavSession.
- WebDavSession now inherits an IDisposable interface.
- WebDavSession.FileReadAsync() and WebDavSession.FileWriteAsync(), WebDavSession.LockAsync(), WebDavSession.UnlockAsync() methods are provided.
- Updated WebDAV Drive Sample is provided.
v4.0.1476April 23, 2021
- CreateFolderAsync() method throws "Keep-Alive and Close may not be set using this property. Parameter name: value” with some WebDAV servers. Now, this bug is fixed.
v4.0.1398 BetaJanuary 25, 2021
- .NET Standard 2.0 is now supported.
- WebDAV Drive sample added. The sample can synchronise documents from and to the WebDAV server, automatically locks/unlocks Microsoft Office documents when opened for editing, supports on-demand loading and selective offline availability. IT Hit User File System is used to mount the file system.
- iOS Sample and Windows WebDAV Browser Sample are removed.
v4.0.1381.0 BetaJanuary 15, 2021
- New methods added to WebDavSessionAsync class: GetChildrenAsync(), CreateFolderAsync(), MoveToAsync(), DeleteAsync(), GetFileWriteRequestAsync(), LockAsync() and UnlockAsync().
- The library can now attach "If" header with multiple lock-tokens and Etags, for example: If: (<opaquelocktoken:locktoken1> ["Etag1"]) (<opaquelocktoken:locktoken2> ["Etag2"]).
- The library can now attach "If-Match" header with ETag(s), for example: If-Match: "tK2iPWHR6", "5R67T", "sd73549".
v3.1.1248October 18, 2019
- Module build date validation failed on machines with custom system date template settings. This bug is now fixed.
v3.1.1109June 25, 2019
- Folder listing is broken on iPad in iOS sample client application. This bug is now fixed.
- Error message displayed twice in server connection dialog if URL is empty in iOS sample client application. This bug is now fixed.
v3.1.1072June 5, 2019
- iOS sample application connection fields validation did not work. Now WebDAV server URL field is validated.
v3.1.1057May 28, 2019
- iOS sample application now supports iPad.
- Rename in iOS sample application resulted in duplicate files. This bug is now fixed.
- Directory creation failed in iOS sample application. This bug is now fixed.
- iOS sample application incorrectly displays items state for items that don't exists on the server. This bug is now fixed.
- Server connection dialog layout and messages fixed in iOS sample application.
v3.0.1032 BetaApril 26, 2019
- A new iOS sample client is provided implementing iOS virtual file system. The sample installs iOS extension with iOS File Provider. Any iOS application, such as MS Office Word Mobile can open documents using standard iOS 11+ Browse dialog, edit and save back to server.
v2.0.477.0 BetaOctober 26, 2016
- License issue date validation failed for some licenses. This bug is now fixed.
v2.0.421.0 BetaMay 17, 2016
- Asynchronous interfaces and implementation provided based on Task-based Asynchronous Pattern.
- DLL build for for Xamarin iOS provided.
- DLL build for for Mono Android provided.
- IResource renamed to IFile. All methods with 'Resource' in it's names replaced with 'File'.
v18.104.22.1681November 23, 2012
- ITHit.WebDAV.Client.dll compiled for .Net 4.0 is now provided.
v22.214.171.1244August 14, 2012
- ETags are now supported. Etag property added to IItemContent interface.
- System proxy is now used by the library by default. Fiddler and other debugging proxies can capture traffic by default. WebDavSession.Proxy property now set to WebRequest.GetSystemWebProxy().
- Timeout parameter in IHierarchyItem.RefreshLock is now nullable.
- 14 new tests added to source codes version to test lock refresh without Timeout header, If-Range, If-Match, If-Modified-Since and If-None-Match headers.
- 2 overloaded GetReadStream methods provided. Now file last modified date or ETag can be passed to GetReadStream to ensure the file is not modified between GetReadStream calls.
v126.96.36.1994June 27, 2012
- IHierarchyItem.Lock timeout parameter is now nullable. Unit tests added to test cases when Timeout header is not provided or when infinite timeout is specified.
- IItemContent.Download did not truncate the content of the file if the file exists, that caused file corruption. Now the content is being truncated.
- In Sample browser, if the file is modified by another user after the file size was requested from the server, the downloaded file was corrupted. Now this bug is fixed.
- WebDAVSession.CookieContainer property added to the session object to allow cookies manipulation.
v188.8.131.52February 25, 2011
- Parsing of HTTP status returned in XML improved. Now status can have any description or missing description or contain only numeric status code.
- Parsing of Depth header improved. Now this header can contain white space.
- Parsing of 'timeout' XML element improved. Now this element can contain white space.
- 'Obsolete' warning removed in WebDAV Browser sample.
v184.108.40.206August 10, 2010
- IIS 6 build-in WebDAV returns HTTP instead of HTTPS in PROPFIND responses if SSL is used. WebDavSession.IIS6SSLSupport properеy is provided as a workaround for this issue.
- Custom properties content did not unescape. Now this bug is now fixed.
- Thread safety improved. Each HierarchyItem now stores its own connection settings, copied from the parent object. Connection settings now copied when IHierarchyItem.OpenFolder, IHierarchyItem.OpenResource, IHierarchyItem.OpenItem, IFolder.CreateFolder and IFolder.CreateResource are called.
- If the server did not provide namespace for WebDAV property the client library throw exception. This bug is now fixed.
- Visual Studio 2010 project now provided.
v220.127.116.11March 2, 2010
- If the server did not return Content-Type header or if Content-Type header does not contain charset the encoding is considered to be UTF-8.
- Lock token now returned in the format that it was returned from the server, 'opaquelocktoken' is not truncated. Now client library supports Jackrabbit WebDAV server.
v18.104.22.168November 26, 2009
- Locks did not save in WebDAV Browser Example - fixed.
v22.214.171.124November 17, 2009
- Unbuffered uploads for NTLM and Kerberos authentication now supported.
- Some servers may set very big timeout in seconds leading to exceptions in Client library. Now this bug is fixed.
- Exceptions made serializable to cross application domains.
v126.96.36.199March 26, 2009
- Now Content-Encoding header is used to determine encoding when parsing XML.
- Output Content-Encoding header now contains the charset for XML. The encoding is specified by new WebDavSession.ContentEncoding property.
- ClientCerificates property added to WebDavSession class. Now it is possible to set client certificates.
- Performance improved if logging is turned off.
- '#' character now supported in file and folder names.
- Integration tests for chunked mode and UTF-16 encoding added in source codes version.
- WebDAV Browser Example:
- If shared locks are not supported by server exclusive locks are used. Usually important for MOSS.
- If folder and files are selected for lock it was not possible to lock. Now this bug is fixed.
- If the server is inaccessible after incorrect certificate warning the sample crushed. Now this bug is fixed.
- Exception was thrown if the server did not return lock token. Now this bug is fixed.
- VS 2008 projects and solutions added. Reference to ITHit.WebDAV.Client.dll fixed.
v188.8.131.52November 21, 2008
- Custom properties now wrapped to CDATA.
- Sample Browser build output (.exe) now added to the archive.
- WebDAV Browser Example:
- If the server returned miltistatus response client displayed error. Copy / move response status parsing fixed.
- When updating file content Continue command caused the file to start from the beginning. Now this bug is fixed.
- Locks lost sometimes after closing application. Now this bug is fixed.
- Move of locked file failed. Now locked passed to move method.
- Update properties on a locked file failed. Now locks passed to UpdateProperties.
- Progress bars show 0% on Windows Vista after browser reopened. Now this bug is fixed.
- Locks lost for files with special characters in path. Now this bug is fixed.
- 'Select All' button added to Manage Locks.
- Broken file downloaded if file was modified by another user. Incorrect content length was read. Now this bug is fixed.
- Locks and paused uploads lost if application twice opened / closed.
v184.108.40.206October 27, 2008
- Resumable upload feature provided. PUT now can attach Content-Range header to upload file segments.
- Sample WebDAV Browser provided.
- With a new overloaded IFolder.GetChildren method you can request custom properties of all child items with a single request.
- IResource.IsCheckedOut, IResource.IsVersionControlled, IHierarchyItem.GetActiveLocks and IHierarchyItem.GetSupportedLock methods are now obsolete and replaced with IResource.CheckedOut, IResource.VersionControlled, IHierarchyItem.ActiveLocks, IHierarchyItem.SupportedLock properties.
- ResourceType enumeration renamed to ItemType.
- WebDavSession.GetAuthenticationScheme method added.
v220.127.116.11September 9, 2008
- System.Argument exception "Illegal characters in path" in IFolder.GetChildren fixed.
- WebDAVSession.CustomHeaders property added. This property can be used to add custom user headers which will be attached to all requests.
v18.104.22.168April 18, 2008
- DeltaV Support added. Put files under version control, check-out/check-in files, list versions via PERORT verb or via version-history / version-set properties, download file version content and set auto-versioning mode.
- .NET Compact Framework support added.
- Timeout chunked transfer and client buffering now can be set for each item separately.
- Unit tests and integration tests for .NET Compact Framework now provided with source codes version.
- Exception raised when API is used with Apache mod_dav (mod_dav does not return DAV:displayname property).
v22.214.171.124November 25, 2007
- File upload buffering now managed via WebDavSession.AllowWriteStreamBuffering property.
- License check code changed.
- Quick Start updated.
v126.96.36.199October 11, 2007
- Responce close when uploading files fixed.
- Preauthentication added.
- WebDavSession.PreAuthenticate property added.
- WebDavSession.SendChunked property added.
- WebDavSession.AllowWriteStreamBuffering property added.
v188.8.131.52 Final releaseSeptember 21, 2007
- Integration tests provided with source codes.
- IHierarchyItem.UpdateProperties now does not allow changing properties in DAV namespace.
- IHierarchyItem.SupportedFeatures method now submits OPTIONS request instead of PROPFIND getsupportedlock.
- IHierarchyItem.GetActiveLocks implementation fixed.
- IHierarchyItem.GetSource implementation fixed.
- WebDavSession.OpenItem method added.
- IFolder.GetItem method added.
- IResource.Upload and IResource.Download methods added.
- System.Net.Mime.ContentType class reference removed.
- References to System.Data.dll removed.
v184.108.40.206 Beta 1July 4, 2007
- WebDAV Client library for .Net and reference documentation provided.