IT Hit WebDAV AJAX Library Release History
v4.0.2364.0September 14, 2017
- Error callback function was not called in Safari. Instead a dialog with redirect to App Store is displayed. Now Safari extension is provided to detect if protocol application is installed.
v4.0.2351.0 BetaSeptember 5, 2017
- Yearly and monthly subscriptions are now supported.
v4.0.2337.0 BetaAugust 18, 2017
- DavProtocolEditDocument() and OpenFolderInOsFileManager() DocManager functions now use Google Chrome extension to detect if protocol application is installed.
- LibreOffice did not open documents. Now this bug is fixed.
- Edge 15 or earlier did not open documents. Now this bug is fixed.
v4.0.2336.0 BetaAugust 16, 2017
- Improved reliability of EditDocument() function in Chrome. Google Chrome extension is now provided to detect if protocol application is installed.
- An error callback may be called in Google Chrome on slow machines on Windows and Mac OS X. Now if protocol app is installed it is reliably detected.
- No callback is executed with MS Office documents if MS Office is not installed. Now this issue is fixed.
- If protocol app is not installed on Chrome on Linux, the xdbg-open dialog is always displayed, error callback never called. Now this issue is fixed.
- Significantly improved performance when opening documents with MS Office for Mac from server with cookies authentication.
- Error callback function is not called in Edge. Instead a dialog with redirect to Windows Store is displayed. Now callback works with latest Edge v40 update.
- Error in FormatMessageW call on a non-English Windows versions if English Multilingual User Interface (MUI) files are not installed. Now this bug is fixed.
- Console window was displayed when opening documents with protocol application. Now console window is not required any more and is removed.
v3.0.2209.0April 4, 2017
- Added ITHit.WebDAV.Client.DocManager.MsOfficeEditExtensions property and MsOfficeEditExtensions class with properties for each MS Office application. Now any extension can be associated with Microsoft Office applications.
- If HierarchyItems.CopyMove test failed further tests did not execute. Now this bug is fixed.
- Improved Ajax tests stability on slow machines.
v3.0.2186.0February 23, 2017
- Protocol application installer for Windows is signed with a new code signing certificate.
- If a web browser was deleted directly from file system instead of uninstalling, the protocol application may fail to start. Now web browsers that are improperly deleted are ignored by protocol application.
- A protocol application on OS X may incorrectly attach multiple cookies the request on OS X. This bug is now fixed.
v3.0.2135.0February 7, 2017
- Long path test failed with some servers, tests stopped. Now this bug is fixed fixed.
v3.0.2132.0February 6, 2017
- Error in in protocol app on Windows: Microsoft.VC90.CRT id not found exception “Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested.” Now this bug is fixed.
- Opening documents using protocol app on Windows from non-root WebDAV server did not work. Now this bug is fixed.
- Error in protocol application on Windows if mountUrl parameter is not provided. Now this bug is fixed, the folder in which file is located is used.
- Error handling in protocol application improved and refactored. Error message with appropriate description is now displayed if Desktop Experience Windows feature is not installed on Windows Server. Error message is displayed if mounting failed and non-cookies auth is used and connection is non-SSL and UseBasicAuth/BasicAuthLevel registry key is not set to 2.
- Protocol application stopped opening documents on Mac OS X if auth cookie expired. Now cookies are passed into protocol application during every document opening on Mac OS X in case of cookies auth.
- Improved stability and performance of protocol application on OS X in case of cookies authentication.
- Protocol application Max OS X version build failed in source codes version. Now this bug is fixed.
- In case of redirect to login page protocol application hanged. Now this bug is fixed.
- Long path Ajax test added - now server long path support is tested.
- If any special characters Ajax test failed, the tests stopped. Now this bug is fixed.
- License updated, usage restrictions section added – licensing limitations on usage with third-party WebDAV servers.
v3.0.2036.0 BetaNovember 30, 2016
v2.0.1778.0November 29, 2016
v3.0.2031.0 BetaOctober 11, 2016
- Cookies authentication is now supported by DavProtocolEditDocument() and OpenFolderInOsFileManager() functions. Documents can now be opened from a WebDAV server which supports pure cookies authentication on Windows, OS X and Linux. The persistent cookie(s) is passed from Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge and IE to WebDAV client application.
- "One-click" build from sources and re-branding of protocol applications is now supported. Build scripts are provided for Windows, OS X and Linux with Source Codes license.
- Multiple document open is now supported by DavProtocolEditDocument() function. A list of coma separated URLs can now be passed to sDocumentUrls prameter.
- The sCommand patrameter is now supported by DavProtocolEditDocument() function. 'Open With' system dialog can now be displayed to select application to be used to open the document.
- RPM package installer is provided.
- Opening document error processing refactored in protocol application in Windows version. If document opening failed Windows Explorer with "My Documents" folder opened in some cases. Now correct error message is displayed.
v2.0.1773.0September 29, 2016
- HierarchyItem.Properties property now returns instance of PropertyList class. PropertyList extends Array and adds PropertyList.Has() and PropertyList.Find() functions. Has() checks if the property is present in HierarchyItem.Properties list. Find() - returns specified property.
v2.0.1761.0September 19, 2016
- ITHit.WebDAV.Client.Features.Dasl is added to Features enumeration. Now Folder.GetSupportedFeaturesAsync() function can be used to check for search feature support.
- Folder.SupportedFeaturesAsync() function is renamed to GetSupportedFeaturesAsync(). SupportedFeaturesAsync() is marked as obsolete.
- Reserved characters tests updated. If the spacial character was at the end of the string some WebDAV servers failed to pass tests. Now reserved character moved to the middle of the test sting.
v2.0.1735.0April 22, 2016
- Opening of non-MS Office documents and MS Office docs with MS Office 2007 via davX: protocol failed on Windows 32-bit machines. This bug is now fixed.
- Opening of non-MS Office documents and MS Office docs with MS Office 2007 via davX: protocol failed in IE 8 and IE 9. This bug is now fixed.
- Protocol application displayed warning in IE 8 and IE 9 about opening unsigned application from unknown publisher. The application is now signed.
- If mounting using protocol application failed the web log-in dialog was shown. The log-in dialog is removed, error message with recommendations is now displayed.
- Protocol name changed to dav3, to trigger automatic protocol application update.
- Protocol application error processing and error message dialogs are re-factored on Windows and Linux.
v2.0.1720.0April 13, 2016
- Opening document and opening Windows Explorer using DocManager functions (via custom protocol handler) failed on Windows 32 bit. This bug is now fixed.
- Opening docs without extension using DocManager functions (via custom protocol handler) failed on Windows and OS X. This bug is now fixed.
- Custom protocol failure callback was triggered in DocManager functions on Windows machines in Chrome if 'Remember my choice for all links of this type' check-box was checked in 'External Protocol Request' dialog if opening document took more than 1 sec. This bug is now fixed.
- Opening document using DocManager functions (via custom protocol handler) during first access on OS X performance improved.
v2.0.1708.0 Beta 2March 15, 2016
- Mounting URL parameter is now processed in all protocol handlers.
- Deb protocol installer package is now provided for Linux in addition to tar.gz. Tested on Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint.
- OS X protocol installer (pkg) is now signed.
- Custom protocol name changed from dav: to dav2:
- Unicode characters processing fixed in all protocol handlers.
- Opening documents in Dolphin file manager using protocol handler fixed.
- Opening MS Office docs on Linux now triggers dav: protocol directly, without trying MS Office protocols first.
- Protocol opening script opened a new window in Safari. Now this bug is fixed.
- If lastmodified or creationdate were not provided by server the CreationDate and LastModified returned minimum date. Now these properties return null.
v184.108.40.2060 Beta 1February 9, 2016
- A new approach to opening documents for editing based on protocols is provided. The Java applet is removed and replaced by installers targeting Windows, OS X and Linux.
- JavaOpenFolderInOsFileManager, IsMicrosoftOfficeAvailable, GetMsOfficeVersion ShowMicrosoftOfficeWarning functions are deprecated. The JavaEditDocument is replaced with DavProtocolEditDocument.
- EditDocument, MicrosoftOfficeEditDocument, OpenFolderInOsFileManager functions signatures changed.
v220.127.116.113November 20, 2015
- Microsoft Edge was not detected correctly in some cases. Now this bug is fixed.
- Microsoft Office 2016 did not open document for editing because URL did not encode properly in DocManager.EditDocument() function. Now this bug is fixed.
- Special characters tests fixed.
v18.104.22.1688April 17, 2015
- Microsoft Office documents open for editing did not work in Google Chrome v42 update because NPAPI including Microsoft Office Chrome plug-in is not available any more. Now this issue is fixed, Microsoft Office Chrome NPAPI plug-in is not ised in Chrome any more.
- Java applet performance improved. Now applet is inserted on a web page only first time and reused after that.
- ‘Open With’ OS dialog is now displayed on Linux if file type is not associated with any application.
- HierarhyItem.Properties is now a list of Propery objects.
- Custom properties optional argument is added to following methods: CreateFolderAsync, CreateFileAsync, GetParentAsync, OpenItemAsync, OpenFileAsync, OpenResourceAsync, OpenFolderAsync, CreateFolder, CreateFile, GetParent, OpenItem, OpenFile, OpenResource, OpenFolde. Specific properties can now be requested from server in a single call when creating or opening hierarchy items.
- Documentation updated fixed and updated
v22.214.171.1242December 31, 2014
- Java applet signature expired. Now the Java applet is signed with a new Java code signing certificate.
- Microsoft Office documents were opened in Google chrome using Plugin. Now the protocol extension is used.
- Documentation updated, new examples provided.
- Unit tests fixed and updated.
v126.96.36.1991December 5, 2014
- Documentation updated, examples fixed.
- The HierarchyItems.Progress test failed in IE 9-. Now this test is skipped in IE 9- as progress is not supported in IE 9-.
- Show the code and Show log did not work in IE 9-. Now this bug is fixed.
- Test folder did not delete when tests finished. Now test folder is deleted.
v188.8.131.520December 2, 2014
- All methods are now asynchronous.
- New updated class reference with code examples provided.
- Request class with progress tracking events and cancelation is provided.
- Versioning tests improved.
- PutUnderVersionControlAsync method provided.
- AvailableBytes and UsedBytes properties provided.
v184.108.40.2060October 22, 2014
- Java applet now provides better error handling on Windows. If WebDAV folder mounting error occurs a message is displayed with recommendations to the user.
- GetCustomProperties did not return all properties returned from the server. Now this bug is fixed.
- When deleting the version the If: (<opaquelocktoken:http://server /> header was added to the request. Now this bug is fixed.
v220.127.116.112June 25, 2014
- User can now open Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio files for editing from server using protocols/plugins similar to Microsoft Office files. OpenOffice documents can now be opened in Microsoft Office using protocols/plugins.
- The following types of files can now be opened as Microsoft Office documents:
- Microsoft Word documents: docx, doc, docm, dot, dotm, dotx
- Microsoft Excel documents: xltx, xltm, xlt, xlsx, xlsm, xlsb, xls, xll, xlam, xla
- Microsoft PowerPoint documents: pptx, pptm, ppt, ppsx, ppsm, pps, ppam, ppa, potx, potm, pot
- Microsoft Access documents: accdb, mdb
- Microsoft InfoPath documents: xsn, xsf
- Microsoft Publisher documents: pub
- Microsoft Visio files: vstx, vstm, vst, vssx, vssm, vssm, vss, vsl, vsdx, vsdm, vsd, vdw,
- Microsoft Project files: mpp
- OpenOffice Writer: odt
- OpenOffice Calc: ods
- OpenOffice Impress: odp
v18.104.22.1684June 11, 2014
- Google Chrome is now using plug-in instead of protocol extension in case of Microsoft Office 2013. The MS Office protocol is blocked by Google Chrome update.
v22.214.171.1242March 5, 2014
- ‘Use of XMLHttpRequest's withCredentials attribute is no longer supported in the synchronous mode in the window context.’ is now fixed. XMLHttpRequest.withCredentials is now set only in async mode.
- GetChildren now accepts a list of property names as a second parameter, to request additional properties in PROPFIND request.
- Failed to execute the command [osascript, -e mount volume "http://...." error when trying to mount a volume that was already mounted on OS X. This bug is now fixed.
- Spaces not supported for mounted WebDAV folders on OS X. This bug is now fixed.
v126.96.36.1994January 9, 2014
- OpenFolderInOsFileManager method is now using Java applet in Internet Explorer 11 to run OS file manager.
- Versions test fixed.
v188.8.131.528November 22, 2013
- XPath is not supported issue fixed in Internet Explorer 11. Internet Explorer 11 is now supported.
- DocManager static class provided with methods to open documents and running OS file manager.
- Java applet used in Ajax File Browser is now used in WebDAV Ajax Library to open non-Microsoft Office documents for editing and opening OS file manager.
v184.108.40.2068March 28, 2013
- Async methods analogs provided, such as GetChildrenAsync, OpenFolderAsync, etc.
v220.127.116.114October 16, 2011
- Responses with non-OK status are ignored in file listing requests.
- Quota support implemented.
v18.104.22.1681April 18, 2011
- IE 9 is now supported.
- Integration tests redesigned.
v22.214.171.1247February 25, 2011
- User-Agent header removed as it overwrites header set by the web browser.
- Web browser detection implementation improved.
v126.96.36.1997July 26, 2010
- Property withCredentials of XmlHttpRequest is set to true by default.
v188.8.131.524March 22, 2010
- If bytes uploaded is more than total file content length GetUploadProgress call now throws an exception.
- Response status text parsing fixed is status consists of more than a single word.
- Event model fixed.
v184.108.40.2069October 24, 2009
- Destination header was double encoded. Now this bug is fixed.
- No more namespace needed in custom properties names.
- Incorrect namespace names in documentation fixed.
- Incorrect event calls fixed.
- Incorrect request body was passed in some cases.
v220.127.116.115March 30, 2009
- Localization support added. Strings are now stored uncompressed at the top of ITHitWebDAVClient.js.
- On some machines in IE with MS XML 3 exceptions was thrown if the server returned empty body. Usually, if any error on the server occurred. Now this bug is fixed.
v18.104.22.1684March 5, 2009
- Url-escaping removed.
- SetCredentials method added to avoid default browser login dialog.
v22.214.171.1249December 1, 2008
- Google Chrome support added.
- Added features for requesting upload progress: amount of bytes uploaded and total file size.
- HierarchyItem.GetSupportedLock() and HierarchyItem.GetActiveLocks() methods are replaced with HierarchyItem.SupportedLocks and HierarchyItem.ActiveLocks properties that does not submit extra request to server.
- Integration tests provided with the library.
- New User Guide and Class Reference provided.
v126.96.36.199 Beta 1September 24, 2008
- Firefox 3 support added.
- HierarchyItem.CreationDate and HierarchyItem.LastModified parsing changed. The library now can parse incorrect date returned by some servers such as Microsoft SharePoint 2007.
- Documentation fixed.
v188.8.131.52 Beta 1April 22, 2008
- Last character in file name was truncated when library used with Apache mod_dav.
v184.108.40.206 Beta 1March 19, 2008
- NotFoundException exception fixed when using the library with SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Library version added to logs and User-Agent header submitted to the server.
v220.127.116.11 Beta 1March 11, 2008
- NotFoundException fixed when using with Apache mod_dav (mod_dav does not return dav:displayname property).
v18.104.22.168 Beta 1March 4, 2008
- WebDAV AJAX library with Class 2 WebDAV server support provided.