The major new feature of WebDAV Server Engine for .Net v3 Beta is the WebDAV Wizard for Visual Studio that you can use to add WebDAV support to your existing project in a matter of minutes. The Wizard enables WebDAV on the folder of your choice, while keeping the rest of the web site intact. It supports ASP.NET Web Site, Web Application or MVC 2 and MVC 3 projects that run in IIS, Visual Studio Development Server or IIS Express!
- Wizard for Visual Studio. Previously it was painfully difficult to configure the website and WebDAV server within same application. The new Wizard makes it a snap.
- Mixed authentication. The mixed authentication implementation now generated by Wizard. Your WebDAV server can use Forms/cookies authentication when accessed from Ajax File Browser (or any other web browser-based tool) and switch to Basic or Digest if server is used with Mini-redirector, Mac OS X Finder or any other desktop WebDAV client.
- Microsoft Extensions for WebDAV support. Now you can set any file attributes on WebDAV items, such as system, hidden, ets. For example setting 'Offline' file attribute prevents thumbnails generation by Windows Explorer and minimizes traffic.
- Improved and simplified interfaces. We have fully redesigned the Engine internally and improved interfaces. No more need to implement Lock-null items.
- RFC 4918 / Class 3 support. For example now the server provides WebDAV client with a detailed information about server errors. The new standard is backward compatible with RFC 2518.
- RFC 4331 Quota support. You can report how much space is available on server side.
- RFC 3744 ACL support. You can can manage users, groups and set granular permissions on files.
comments powered by